Please understand that genetic testing is not a Catch-All, we are not God.
We are not an insurance company.
Although we employ more genetic testing than any Labrador Retriever & Labradoodle breeder across the USA, genetic testing is not a catch all and we are not God. We can only prevent a congenital defect or disease if it is apparent in our own breeding stock or have a way to eliminate it via genetic testing and selective breeding. Please understand that we cannot be a guarantor for everything and we will not take responsibility for anything more than what is listed on this page. Please consider buying pet insurance if an expensive Vet visit would be devastating to you.
Pure Designer Breed Guaranteed
Comes with All pups regardless of Package selected. All Top Notch Labradoodle Ancestors and/or parents that we own are certified Pure Breed Labrador Retrievers or Miniature Poodles through DNA Breed Identification Testing. We guarantee a puppy adopted from Top Notch Labradoodles is a: 50/50 Labrador Retriever & Poodle Mix for our F1 Labradoodles.
The guarantee does not cover testing, vet costs, or any other costs incurred. DNA testing must be administered through a Vet with microchip confirmation and be conclusive within 45 days from the date of adoption. The puppy must be returned and surrendered immediately and no later than 5 days from the date of DNA report. We reserve the right to have DNA retested and micro chip identification confirmed. If your puppy needs to be shipped back, shipping is at your expense but we will extend the return time by an additional 14 days. If tests conclude that your pup is not pure designer breed, we will waive our comparable breeding service fee on a future litter, as mutually agreed upon.
Good Fit Guaranteed
Applies to The Complete Package Only. Scientists have determined that day 49 is the best and most accurate day to test a pup for their personality and temperament. Although it's not an exact science, the results seem to be very accurate in the long run. If we cannot match you with a pup based on your family's lifestyle and the right temperament needed, we will move your reservation without charge to a mutually agreed to future reservation. Please note that if you move up pick numbers or choose a higher priced litter, a price increase may result.
Genetics Guaranteed (1)
Applies to The Complete Package Only. All Top Notch Labradoodle Parents have passed: 15 genetic disease tests for Labrador Retrievers and 8 genetic disease tests for Standard Poodles to ensure that we will not produce a diseased puppy. We guarantee a puppy adopted from Top Notch Labradoodles will not be affected with any of the genetic diseases we test for. The guarantee does not cover testing, vet costs, or any other costs incurred. DNA testing must be administered through a Vet with microchip identity confirmation and be conclusive within 45 days from the date of adoption. The puppy must be returned and surrendered immediately and no later than 5 days from the date of DNA report. We reserve the right to have DNA retested and micro chip identification confirmed. If your puppy needs to be shipped back, shipping is at your expense but we will extend the return time by an additional 14 days. If tests conclude that your pup has a disease that we test for, we will waive our comparable breeding service fee on a future litter, as mutually agreed upon.
Hips Guaranteed (1)
Applies to The Complete Package Only. Daily Hip & Joint Support supplement is recommended through 18 months in age to ensure optimal joint & hip health. We guarantee a puppy adopted from Top Notch Labradoodles LLC against genetic moderate or severe hip dysplasia. Our guarantee does not cover testing, vet costs, or any other costs incurred. Almost all dogs with a "genetic" predisposition towards Hip Dysplasia will X-Ray as dysplastic by 4 months. If tests conclude that your pup has a moderate to severe dysplasia before 18 months in age, we will waive our comparable breeding service fee on a future litter, as mutually agreed upon. In order to make a claim:
1) Your pup's X-Rays must be administered through a Vet with microchip identity confirmation with preliminary determination by OFA within 20 months in age.
2) The puppy/dog must be euthanized with microchip identity confirmation no later than 14 days from the date of OFA determination report.
Although we think it's very possible that dysplasia has a likely genetic component, it's important to understand that dysplasia is not a genetic condition. It is estimated that only 15-40% of dysplasia is genetic related. 60-85% of dysplasia is environmental. Beware of articles that state Hip Dysplasia is genetic. To this day scientists cannot find any specific genes that cause dysplasia, thus any articles/information with conclusions based on the premises at this time is completely misleading.
The biggest factors that cause dysplasia are your dog's environment, caloric intake, proper nutrition, weight is a major factor, type of exercise, and activity. Your puppy/dog must be kept at a healthy weight, be fed a high quality dog food, and should not be allowed to climb stairs on a regular basis or undergo strenuous exercise. Playing fetch for more than a few throws on a regular basis until they are 24+ months, is one of the worst activities that causes hip dysplasia. No organized running or jogging until they are over 18 months in age. Studies have shown that puppies & dogs who climb stairs or undergo such strenuous exercise at an early age are more likely to develop hip and joint problems later in life. Puppies under 3 months in age should not undergo organized exercise but should be allowed to openly play in a large yard. Exercise should be limited to 5 minutes per month in age up to a maximum of 45 minutes, twice a day.
For more information on proper types and amounts of exercise, please see the Exercise section on our Healthy Happy Puppy Page.
In 1997 A large study of Labrador Retriever puppies concluded dogs fed 'free choice' have a much higher rate of hip dysplasia. The free-fed dogs were also quite a bit heavier as adults than the controlled portions group -- by about 22 pounds on average. Obesity can increase the severity of dysplasia. Extra weight can accelerate the degeneration of joints. Dogs born with genes that make them prone to hip dysplasia, if allowed to grow overweight, will be at much higher risk of developing the disease, and subsequently, arthritis as well.
USA Purebred Labs & Top Notch Labradoodles Hip Dysplasia Statistics. As of 7/13/19, having homed 208 pups over the course of 7 years, we have 1 report of unverified hip dysplasia - x-rays were not employed, just a vet's opinion at this point. Considering that the overall breeds for both Labs & Poodles have hip dysplasia rates of 12%, 1 out of 208 pups is less than a half percent, we are doing something right. We think it has to do with educating our clients about proper exercise, nutrition, weight, and testing the parent's hips. We will update these statistics with any future reports.
The only Health Guarantees covered for Just the Pup Package are Parvo & Distemper (5 & 6). The remaining Health Guarantees apply to The Complete Package Only. The guarantee does not cover testing, vet costs, or any other costs incurred unless specifically stated. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, you must notify us within 1 day from date of evidence and the dog/puppy must be euthanized no later than 14 days from the date of evidence for a claim will be paid. Please be sure to click on "Serious Illness" & "Congenital defects" for the legal definition in which the Health Guarantee covers. Please understand that we WILL NOT pay for any treatment costs. If your pup qualifies for a claim under our Health Guarantees, we will waive our comparable breeding service fee on a future litter, as as mutually agreed upon.
There are 6 parts to the Health Guarantee:
1. Serious Illness - Good for 60 days from the Date of Adoption. Excludes Parvo (Parvo is the 5th part to our Health Guarantee, see below). Written evidence must be from a certified Veterinarian and must be conclusive that a serious health problem was present before adoption or the result of our care. Your pup must be reasonably cared for, kept away from non-vaccinated animals, be vaccinated in a timely manner, and kept away from the public and public places until 1 week after the pup has received it's 12 week "all in one" and Rabies vaccinations. If you bring your pup to a public place such as a dog park or boarding facility, health guarantee parts 1, 5, & 6 are void.
2. Congenital defects - Covers defects that are life threatening for a period of 2 years after the date of adoption. In this event, we require statements from 2 different licensed DVM's (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) of your choosing, confirming such an event. The DVM's statement must conclusively show cause. We reserve the right to employ a 3rd party DVM and confirm micro chip identity.
3. Congenital defects that are non - life threatening (2) - Covers defects that are non - life threatening for a period of 2 years after the date of adoption. Defect must significantly reduce your pet's quality of life and your own enjoyment of your pet to the point that you would rather put the pup/dog dog down. It must be a defect that cannot be cured or reasonably mitigated. To make a claim, we require a statement from a licensed DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) of your choosing, confirming such an event. The DVM's statement must conclusively show cause/condition/disease/syndrome. Hip & Joints are specifically excluded.
4. Sudden Death - Death is covered for a period of 2 years after adoption for congenital defects and 60 days from serious illness. Please see the Serious Illness & Congenital explanations/limitations above. In order to submit a claim, an autopsy is required. To qualify, the autopsy must conclude a high probability of being caused due to congenital defects or from serious illness as outlined above. There are many common household chemicals, cleaners, and food that can result in death due to exposure/ingestion. Some of these are listed here, but are not limited to: Chocolate, Xylitol (a sweetener), Grapes, Raisins, Macadamia nuts, Avocados, Onions, Garlic, Salt, Tea Leaves, Coffee, Alcoholic beverages, Raw Yeast Dough, Spoiled Foods, Fatty Foods, Tylenol, Sleeping Pills, Household Cleaners and other chemicals. Exclusions to Health Guarantees: Does not apply to a health problem resulting from an injury or accident due to your negligence. Does not include the presence of parasites, viral, bacterial colds or infections such as Coccidia or Giardia (bloody stools) which are a form of worms which are easily treated. Umbilical Hernias also referred to as “outie” belly buttons.
5) Parvo - Arizona is #1 for Parvo infections. Parvo is the most deadly disease to pups. If your pup passes away from parvo within 21 days of adoption, we will waive our comparable breeding service fee on a future litter, as mutually agreed upon if your pup passes away. All pups are covered for Parvo guarantees regardless of package.
6. Distemper - Arizona is #1 in the nation for distemper infections. 80% of puppies die that are infected with it. Distemper is the 2nd leading cause of death in pups. If your pup tests positive for distemper within 14 days of adoption with a high percentage for distemper. All pups are covered for Distemper regardless of package. If your pup has the tell tale symptoms of distemper: Runny eyes, nose, coughing, sneezing, lethargy, vomiting, and diarrhea and you suspect that your pup may have distemper, please bring it to the emergency animal hospital and request a distemper test. Distemper will cause a low amount of white blood cells in their urine starting 3-6 days after infection and before outward symptoms occur. Please note that if your pup was vaccinated for distemper within 30 days it often causes a false positive. You must have your vet find what percentage of distemper shows in the test in order to determine if your pup has distemper or not. If your pup tests positive for distemper with a high percentage, we recommend you euthanize your pup immediately. The survival rate is very low and pups that survive may go on to suffer neurological problems in the future.
Specific Exclusions to Health Guarantees
Exclusions include but are not limited to: Health problems resulting from an injury or accident due to your negligence, parasites, worms, viral or bacterial colds, viral or bacterial infections, ear infections (poodles & any mix there of are more prone to ear infections than other breeds). Please reference our Common Issues Page under "ears" for information on how to remedy ear infections naturally and inexpensively. Coccidia, Giardia, Clostridium, Umbilical Hernias, Entropion eyelids, Undescended Testicles (cryptorchidism - PAWS can remove during neuter surgery and it's VERY affordable. If done as young pup - the last time I checked, the total cost for neuter + Cryptorchidism was around $135).
Apricot Male & Female Mini Labradoodle Puppies for Sale in Phoenix AZ, Scottsdale, AZ, Tucson, AZ
Top Notch Labradoodles LLC
Copyright © 2022 Top Notch Labradoodles LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy